Sad News from the Farm

It’s with a sad heart that I write that our little Jack Russell x Rat Terrier mix (aka Jack Rat) Lucky passed away this week.

He and his sister Angel have been a part of the goings on at the Garden Home Retreat since we began construction. I remember when my brother Chris brought them out to the farm. The exact month escapes me but it was cold. I could fit one in my left jacket pocket and the other in my right. The farm won’t be the same without Lucky leading the charge through the gardens.

45 Responses to Sad News from the Farm

1. Deb says:

I am so very sorry! I know you must have many sweet memories of Lucky. You have shown some cunning sweet photos of him. We’ve never lost a pet…but our English Springer, Pepper, is 13 years old, and I think that sad time may be ahead for us, too. The vet just told us yesterday to count each year as a bonus at this point. Thank you for sharing Lucky with us. My condolences on your loss.

• Joyce Smith says:

Thank you for all your sweet comments and emails. Lucky was a wonderful friend and will be missed by Chris, Jacob, Laura, and me. Angel is still in depression, but our daughter’s dog, Oreo, has been staying with us to keep her company. Thank you again for all of your kind words.

2. Angie says:

I feel for you; that’s so hard. Warmest thoughts and understanding…

3. Amy says:

Lucky was atply named. He couldn’t have had a better life in a more beautful setting. I’m so sorry for your loss.

4. Lisa L. says:

Allen,

I am sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a pet is so hard because they become so much a part of us. It is apparent that you care deeply about all your animals and I know Lucky had a terrific life with you and could not have been loved more.

5. Carol says:

May God help heal your pain. Losing a pet is as hard as losing any other family member. My condolences to you.

6. Jeanette Steed says:

Your tribute to Lucky touched my heart. I have the same breed of dog named “Jackson.” He is my best friend and I love him dearly. I feel for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to pay tribute to “Lucky.”

7. Kathy says:

I’m so terribly sorry to hear of your loss. It’s never easy to lose a pet…and certainly, not when Lucky has been by your side from the beginning. How very glad I am that he knew the love of you and your family in one of the prettiest, tranquil places there could be. My sincerest condolences for your loss.

8. Liz Ward says:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear about Lucky. RIP sweet pup….I love rat terriers :) There is a little stray female here that I am in the process of “adopting” if she will let me.

9. Cindy G says:

What a handsome man – until you meet again, may you hold onto to your many happy memories with love.

10. gladys says:

Ahhhhhh….so sorry to hear about your little dog’s passing. We have three little dogs we love so very much. My heart goes out to you and yours. God Bless!