Classic Cobb Salad
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 strips bacon, cooked, chopped
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into chunks
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
To make the dressing combine the canola oil, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic in a blender.
On a large platter combine the lettuces. Arrange the blue cheese, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, chicken, and avocado on top of the greens in neat rows. To serve, drizzle salad with dressing and season with salt and pepper. There will dressing leftover for a second salad.
Recipe provided by Amy James
Time to prepare: 30 minutes.