Heirloom Tomatoes With Green Goddess Dressing
My friend Capi Peck, chef and Owner of Capi's in Little Rock, Arkansas, visited me at the Garden Home one summer when the tomatoes were at their peak. To highlight the juicy flavor of the tomatoes she made a salad topped with Green Goddess dressing.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy filets
- 2 green onion, chopped (Optional)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. tarragon vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, hand-torn
- 3-4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small seedless cucumbers, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups assorted grape tomatoes
- 2 vidalia onions, cut to wedges
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, julienned
To make the dressing puree all of the ingredients in food processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Toss the romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber slices and onion with a little of the Green Goddess dressing. Mound the romaine mix in the center of each salad plate. Fan 3 slices of heirloom tomatoes alongside the romaine. Drizzle a bit of Green Goddess dressing over the heirloom tomatoes and scatter basil over the heirlooms.
Green Goddess dressing will keep for about one week in the refrigerator.
Recipe provided by Capi Peck, Capi's Restaurant.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes.