Loca Luna Breakfast Tart
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces country ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 strips crispy fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped mixed herbs of your choosing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook until it begins to color and the fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the pan sit while you make the egg mixture.
In a bowl, beat together the eggs and egg yolks. Add the cream, cheese and bacon. Mix well. Stir in the mixed herbs, salt, and pepper.
Spread the ham and shallots over the bottom of the pre-baked pie crust. Pour in the egg mixture and bake until set, about 30 minutes. Remove and cool a bit before serving. Garnish with some sprigs of the herbs you used.
Serve each slice with a dollop of sour cream mixed with chopped chives and Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.
Recipe provided by Mark Abernathy
Time to prepare: 1 hour.