Mustard Green Dip
Do you love spinach dip? Well then I encourage you to try this version made with one of my favorite cool season vegetables – mustard greens.
- 2 heads mustard greens, washed, pat dry
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red peppers, roasted
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- 5 oz. italian herb philadelphia cooking creme
- 4 oz. firm tofu, cubed, pressed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 of 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained
Begin by slicing the mustard greens into 1-inch strips.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the greens over a medium heat for 12 minutes. Add artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon of salt and the black pepper. Cook for an additional 7 minutes.
Place the vegetables in a food processor, add the Philadelphia Cooking Créme, tofu, red onion, dried herbs, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Blend until well combined.
Spread mixture into a 4 1/2 cup casserole dish and cover it with 1/2 a cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Time to prepare: 45 minutes.