Sweet Pepper Salad
I like this salad because, with exception of the vinaigrette, all the ingredients can be grown in my garden at the same time. I can pick a few peppers, tomatoes and herbs and 30 minutes later have a salad on the table. Food does not get any fresher than that, which is just the way a summer meal should be.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed, halved
- 1 orange pepper, cored, seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, seeded
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 scallions, chopped, greens only
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- black pepper, ground to taste
Slice sweet peppers into thin strips and place in a large bowl.
Add the herbs and tomatoes.
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and herbs. Toss to coat.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes.
This recipe is vegetarian.