P. Allen Smith's Garden Home at Moss Mountain Farm sits on top of a ridge overlooking the Arkansas River Valley. Located just 30 minutes outside of Little Rock, Arkansas this idyllic setting blurs the lines between garden and home, heritage and modern.
Styled after 19th Century American farmsteads the Garden Home includes a Greek Revival "Green" cottage, terraced gardens, a rose garden, a one acre vegetable garden, orchards, daffodil hill, pastures, poultry, sheep and even a donkey named Moose.
We invite you to spend a leisurely afternoon or evening at the Garden Home Retreat enjoying the company of friends and good food in this gorgeous setting.
Visiting from outside of Little Rock?
Guests of P. Allen Smith can receive special rates on top Little Rock hotels. When you sign up to attend one of our events, you will receive information on our special discounts.
Below are typical schedules for our afternoon and evening tours. These schedules are provided as examples only. Your tour may or may not adhere to these schedules.
- Arrive at the Farm at 10:30am
- Guided Tour of the home and terraced garden 11:00-12:30
- Lunch 12:30-1:30 in air conditioned lecture hall/barn
- Free time to Visit Gift Shop, Book Signing and Photos with P. Allen Smith* and the remaining sites at the farm such as the animals, rose garden, vegetable garden and more: 1:30-2:00
- Tour Departs 3:00
- Cost Per Person: $90.00**
- Arrive at the Retreat at 5:00pm
- Drinks and Hors d'oeuvres 5:00-5:30pm
- Tour of the house and terraced gardens 5:30-7:00pm
- Free Time and Visit Gift Shop 7:00-9:00pm
- Dinner and Books Signed and Photos with P. Allen Smith* 7:00-9:00pm
- Tour Departs 9:00pm
- Cost Per Person: $150.00**
*Book signings and photo opportunities with P. Allen Smith will only be available if he is in residence at the time of the tour.
**These prices reflect weekday rates. Weekend rates are $150 per person for afternoon tours and $175 per person for evening tours.