Happy Holidays from P. Allen Smith
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 ½ cups of milk (or unsweetened soymilk)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Peppermint schnapps to taste
- Peppermint sticks to garnish.
- Heat sugar, milk and salt in a saucepan over a low heat. Do not boil. Add chocolate. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Divide hot chocolate between 4 cups and add an ounce or so of peppermint schnapps. Drop in a few marshmallows and a peppermint stick.
Makes 3 to 4 servings