Hanging Jar Lanterns
Hanging Jar Lanterns are a fun and easy way to add a little light to your garden.
- assorted sizes and styles of glass jars with a lip
- fine gage metal wire
- wire cutters
- needle nose pliers
- votive candles
- Collect small jam jar sized glass jars with a lip just below the top.
- Next, take a long piece of wire (about 24 inches is good) and bend it around the jar just under the lip so that a ring is formed. With the needle nose pliers twist the wire together close to the jar to secure the ring. When tightening the wire be sure to leave a little give so that you can attach the handle.
- Once the ring is created you will have 2 approximately 8 inch long wires originating from the point where the circle is twisted closed.
- Bend the excess wires over the top of the jar and attach them to the wire ring to create a handle.
- Place a votive candle inside the jar.
- Hang it in a tree with sturdy branches, far enough from the end of the branch, so the jar won't slip off in the wind. Light the candles to create a magical effect.
- Caution should be used with any open flame; do not leave candles burning unsupervised.