Feisty Rose and Calla Lily Bouquet
According to many designers orange is on the rise in popularity. You can bring this bold hue into your home with this feisty bouquet of roses and calla lilies.
All of the cut material in this combination is available at your local florist. If you can't find the exact varieties, it is okay to improvise. Just think orange!
- 1 decorative container (orange looks great with brown, gray, chartreuse or pink)
- 1 block floral foam
- 1 plastic pot that will fit in the base of the decorative container
- 24 long stem 'Tropical Amazon' roses or 4 bundles of spray roses
- 12 stems of leucadendron 'Safari Sunset'
- 12 stems 'Flame' calla lilies
- 4 bundles of hypericum berries
Soak the floral foam in water for 30 minutes.
Place the plastic pot inside the decorative container.
Insert the soaked floral foam into the plastic pot.
Cut the flower and foliage to fit into container. Cut the stems at an angle and remove excess foliage from roses and hypericum berries, especially those leaves that will fall below the water line.
Now you are ready to insert the stems of the flowers into the floral foam.
Begin with the leucadendron, which is the strong, architectural element. Next add the roses and then the callas. Lastly, highlight the roses and callas with hypericum berries.