1-2-3 Done!™ Lavender Vinegar
I recommend planting lavender in abundance because it has so many uses, including as an infused vinegar that works as a facial toner, hair rinse and all-purpose cleaner for your home. Harvest this perennial just before it fully opens.
Lavender vinegar can be used as a fragrant fabric softener, a bath fragrance, glass cleaner or, when diluted in water (8 parts water to 1 part vinegar), as a facial toner, hair rinse or deodorizing body splash. This easy recipe only has three ingredients and three simple steps.
- Enough lavender leaves and flowers to fill a 1-quart jar half full
- White vinegar
- Sterile, glass 1-quart jar with a plastic screw-on lid
- Place the lavender in the jar and fill with vinegar.
- Screw on the lid. Vinegar will react with metal so use a plastic lid. If your lid is metal, cover the top of the jar with plastic wrap before screwing on the lid.
- Place the jar in a dark place for 4 weeks, shaking occasionally