Knock Out® Rose Tips from William Radler
According to rose breeder William Radler old age was one of his motivations for developing The Knock Out® Family of Roses. He didn't want to give up his roses when he got old so he bred a rose that would be low maintenance!
Bill shared some inside tips for growing The Knock Out® Family of Roses.
- A quick repeat bloomer, diseases resistance and hardiness guarantee that roses in The Knock Out® Family produce color throughout the growing season.
- Choose The Sunny Knock Out® Rose for fragrance.
- The Rainbow Knock Out® is a heavy bloomer.
- Knock Out® Roses are cold tolerant to zone 5. Plant the rose a little deeper than where it sits in the pot to ensure that it will make it through the winter.
- Apply year round mulch to conserve moisture in summer and keep the ground from freezing and thawing in winter.
- Once a year apply a high nitrogen, slow release fertilizer.
- Knock Out® roses need a lot of light, but they don't need direct sunlight.